New Cyberfox Installer (Informational & Tutorial Video)

Please post your bugs, issues and problems here.
Toady
Developer
Developer

New Cyberfox Installer (Informational & Tutorial Video)

Post by Toady » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 am

Informational & Instructional Video

Some changes have being made to cyberfox installer a few adjustments and new features more information below:

• Check for running process before install.
• Removed cyberfox profile on uninstall.
• Now supports 36 languages.
• Optional CyberCTR installation.
• Optional Firefox Hello installation.
• Optional Firefox Pocket installation.
• New installer images
• Perform clean install.

Cyberfox installer now checks for cyberfox running process before continuing with the installation, If the running process is found then this message dialog will show and the installer will exit after confirmation. This is to prevent users being able to install cyberfox while cyberfox is running causing many issues and corrupting there installation of cyberfox.

Translated process running dialog.

Here is the new language selection dialog, Here you select 1 of 24 currently supported language.

Here is the new installer image and the first step of cyberfox installation.

Here is the second step where you accept the agreement to continue further in the installation process.

Here is where you configure the installers install directory (Where you want to install Cyberfox) This can be changed to any location as long as it has sufficient permissions for browser operation.

Here is where you create the start menu shortcuts, You can also give a custom name for the shortcuts folder.

Here when you check (Select) "Don't create s start menu folder" It will instruct the installer not to create the start menu entries.

Here is the additional settings page, Here you have the options to:

Code: Select all

Create a desktop icon
Perform a clean install of cyberfox
Install CyberCTR
Install Firefox Hello
Install Firefox Pocket
Note: As of 45.0-46.0 Install Firefox Hello and Pocket options were added, Not available in older installers.
Install the light colored about:home page is no longer in the installers as of cyberfox 36.0.3 now controlled by cyberCTR.

If you want the plain default firefox australis look then simply deselect the following checkbox during the installation process.
"Install CyberCTR [Recommended] (Optional)"

If you want the features CyberCTR gives then simply keep the checkbox selected and in customize cyberfox select the australis pre-set
Note: You Can have the australis look with CyberCTR installed and gain the benefits of additional features and settings.

Here you just revise your selected options before install to ensure the installer is doing what you instructed it to do.

Here Cyberfox is being installed onto your computer with the settings you selected during install.

Here the installation is complete and your faced with 2 final options, Set as default web browser and launch cyberfox when the installer closes.

Installation walk through complete please read below for the UN-installation guide.

When uninstalling Cyberfox you can launch the uninstall process from cyberfox start menu folder if created or from windows control panel.

This process will be set to the language chosen during the installation of Cyberfox so if you had selected German then when the uninstall process takes place it will display in German.

Here we have a new option to remove your profile data on uninstall like Mozilla Firefox's installer, We added an additional confirmation to help prevent accidental deletion of profile data.
Note: When uninstalling if you mistakenly select delete profile data and confirm it and complete the uninstall process then your profile data is gone and can not be recovered, Its permanently deleted.

Here is the additional confirmation dialog added as an extra measure to prevent accidental deletion, Please read above information about the first step in the profile data deletion process.

Also appears in then selected language that was chosen during the initial install process.

Here is the uninstall is complete dialog message, This means cyberfox has being uninstalled from your computer.

Additional information:
For more information about translating cyberfox installer please see the following thread Cyberfox installer localization

Please make sure to watch the video, We hope you like the new lick of paint and additional options added to the installer.
We look forward to your feedback :) Thank you for all your support!.

The Nude Dude
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Re: New Cyberfox Installer (Informational & Tutorial Video)

Post by The Nude Dude » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:30 am

looks great, so is the cf 30 being revamped or is this for 31 on?

zauber600
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Post by zauber600 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 am

CF.PNG
Cyberfox läuft noch. Bitte schliessen sie Cyberfox und starten sie den Installationsprozess erneut.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:00 am

The Nude Dude wrote:looks great, so is the cf 30 being revamped or is this for 31 on?
Yes for testing purposes its still Cyberfox 30 but this will be passed on to every version of cyberfox so cyberfox 31 will have the new installer. :D

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 am

zauber600 wrote:
CF.PNG
Cyberfox läuft noch. Bitte schliessen sie Cyberfox und starten sie den Installationsprozess erneut.
Hi zauber600

Wow that was fast :D Thank you heaps for the better translation. Updated it ;)

AngieKim
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by AngieKim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:11 am

Hiya!

Thats a very good work, thank you!

I hope this topic is right for some translations english -> german

It's only one, I'll bring more, when I use the Installer at the next time. ;)

------
"Cyberfox is already running. Please close Cyberfox then run the installer again."

"Cyberfox läuft bereits, bitte schließen Sie Cyberfox und führen Sie das Installationsprogramm erneut aus."

------

Greetings from Germany, Angie

zauber600
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Post by zauber600 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:58 am

Toady wrote:
zauber600 wrote:
CF.PNG
Hi zauber600

Just read the translation from AngieKim.. perhaps I misunderstood you.
Toady, what do you want to say exactly: That the (former installed-the old version) browser is still running and has to be closed to start the installation programm to download the new one? Thats what my translation says.

Hope I got you right

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 am

zauber600 wrote:
Toady wrote:
zauber600 wrote:
CF.PNG
Hi zauber600

Just read the translation from AngieKim.. perhaps I misunderstood you.
Toady, what do you want to say exactly: That the (former installed-the old version) browser is still running and has to be closed to start the installation programm to download the new one? Thats what my translation says.

Hope I got you right
Hi zuaber600

Yes your translation was spot on :D

The English message is
"Cyberfox is already running, Please close Cyberfox then run the installer again."
The message you provided is
"Cyberfox läuft noch. Bitte schliessen sie Cyberfox und starten sie den Installationsprozess erneut."
Which when translated to english looks like this
"Cyberfox is still running. Please close Cyberfox and start again the installation process."

So there is no issue with your translation, It has already being passed to the installer :)

We have just created the localization section for the installer as well Cyberfox installer localization

Your translation is great thank you.
AngieKim's is great as well.
They are both correct.

biatche
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by biatche » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Does the new installer accept any silent switches? or command line params?

Very important and crucial for me to have those.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:38 pm

biatche wrote:Does the new installer accept any silent switches? or command line params?

Very important and crucial for me to have those.
Yes it supports CMD arguments the same that were used on previous version, However with some of the changes we are still yet to determine how silent install and uninstall will go and identify the switches as with the new option to remove user profile on uninstall we may need to make it not able to run that command during silent uninstall, So please take caution running silent uninstall command until full information readout can be made.