New Cyberfox Installer (Informational & Tutorial Video)

Please post your bugs, issues and problems here.
nitroFX
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Re: New Cyberfox Installer (Informational & Tutorial Video)

Post by nitroFX » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:16 pm

love new installer logo's :)

biatche
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by biatche » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Toady wrote:
biatche wrote:Does the new installer accept any silent switches? or command line params?

Very important and crucial for me to have those.
Yes it supports CMD arguments the same that were used on previous version, However with some of the changes we are still yet to determine how silent install and uninstall will go and identify the switches as with the new option to remove user profile on uninstall we may need to make it not able to run that command during silent uninstall, So please take caution running silent uninstall command until full information readout can be made.
Not going to ever be doing silent uninstalls here but seeing that there are numerous additional options to the install phase... it would be nice if there are customization options for those. :) Thanks!

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:46 pm

biatche wrote:
Toady wrote:
biatche wrote:Does the new installer accept any silent switches? or command line params?

Yes it supports CMD arguments the same that were used on previous version, However with some of the changes we are still yet to determine how silent install and uninstall will go and identify the switches as with the new option to remove user profile on uninstall we may need to make it not able to run that command during silent uninstall, So please take caution running silent uninstall command until full information readout can be made.
Not going to ever be doing silent uninstalls here but seeing that there are numerous additional options to the install phase... it would be nice if there are customization options for those. :) Thanks!
Yeah will try and get some FAQ documentation generate as soon as i can slot it in after running test on silent installs. :D As there are a few users how would like this information.

tonialb
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by tonialb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Toady,

Great job on New CF Installer! ^^

I didn't found my native language (Albanian-Shqip), so if you need a translator, here I am! ;)

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 pm

tonialb wrote:Hi Toady,

I didn't found my native language (Albanian-Shqip), so if you need a translator, here I am! ;)
Hi tonialb :)

We have the installer translation section here with information on how to translate and submit a translation, We also have found a Albanian language file but for an older version of our setup medium so we will try to update it to the latest then we will post it so if you want you can translate the file and then we can add it to a beta test of the installer.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:30 am

biatche wrote:
Toady wrote:

Hi biatche

Here is the silent install documentation it covers in full detail a choice of to methods.

I hope this information will help. :D

tonialb
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by tonialb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:31 am

Toady wrote:
tonialb wrote:Hi Toady,

Hi tonialb :)

We have the installer translation section here with information on how to translate and submit a translation, We also have found a Albanian language file but for an older version of our setup medium so we will try to update it to the latest then we will post it so if you want you can translate the file and then we can add it to a beta test of the installer.
Got it.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:57 am

tonialb wrote:
Got it.
Hi tonialb

Here is the Albanian.isl to provide the installer in Albanian please read the post for all the additional information.

Thank you kindly for offering a translation :D

biatche
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by biatche » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Silent install feedback:

Tested and works perfect (Not sure if !desktopicon is working accordingly tho via method2. I saw the desktop icon still (maybe from previous installation))

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:41 pm

biatche wrote:Silent install feedback:

Tested and works perfect (Not sure if !desktopicon is working accordingly tho via method2. I saw the desktop icon still (maybe from previous installation))
Yeah during testing a found the odd time where it ignored a prefixed name with a "!" character however when performing a clean install and then running the install again it was toggling the selected task.

I hope the documentation was easy to follow it was very late in the morning when i created it, I really need to not to stay awake for 24+ periods lol :D