[Released] Cyberfox 28.0.1

General Discussion can talk freely about anything.
Toady
Developer
Developer

[Released] Cyberfox 28.0.1

Post by Toady » Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 am

Hi Everyone

Cyberfox 28.0.1 has been released.

Please also be patient for our other official mirrors to update there content.

[link="https://8pecxstudios.com/hooray-your-cy ... ate-28-0-1" : "Cyberfox 28.0.1"]Release notes[/link]

This release is a security release to bridge the intermittent gap between the cyberfox 29 update.
With this release we have also made the profile directory change, This means you will have to ether create a new profile or use profile buddy to migrate the profile over.
Note: Some may have to manually migrate if running multiple profiles or stored profiles in non standard path.

Cyberfox (x86) Portable has officially been released.

Can be downloaded from cyberfox portable edition page or Sourceforge.

For information and Profile Buddy Download

New Version of cyberfox update manager has been released

Thank you everyone for your patients, We will keep you posted and updated with the progress of everything, Sorry for the extra delay as getting Profile Buddy Ready too a little longer then expected, its been a long 36 hrs and time to recharge.

As usual please allow all places to be updated thank you.

The Nude Dude
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 28.0.1

Post by The Nude Dude » Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 am

so in a nutshell?

in cf 28.0.1
install profilebuddy and run

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri May 02, 2014 8:26 am

The Nude Dude wrote:so in a nutshell?

in cf 28.0.1
install profilebuddy and run
Yeas Install cyberfox 28.0.1 run it once.
Run profile buddy.
done.
:D

ratchet
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by ratchet » Fri May 02, 2014 8:41 am

First of all, again I appreciate your great efforts! So I noticed the "requirement" to install Cyberfox 28.0.1 before using Profile Buddy. I updated Firefox today and then via extensions have it pretty much functioning and appearing like v28. This evening I ran Update Manager and Cyberfox rendered much like australis. I just restored an image and I was back to the Cyberfox I love. I don't mind manually tweaking Cyberfox if necessary, however, after installing v28.0.1 again and then running the "buddy," won't it just see the profile that had just rendered or somehow my old profile? I hope you understand my question and thank you!

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 am

ratchet wrote:First of all, again I appreciate your great efforts! So I noticed the "requirement" to install Cyberfox 28.0.1 before using Profile Buddy. I updated Firefox today and then via extensions have it pretty much functioning and appearing like v28. This evening I ran Update Manager and Cyberfox rendered much like australis. I just restored an image and I was back to the Cyberfox I love. I don't mind manually tweaking Cyberfox if necessary, however, after installing v28.0.1 again and then running the "buddy," won't it just see the profile that had just rendered or somehow my old profile? I hope you understand my question and thank you!
Hi ratchet

Yes you must run cyberfox 28.0.1 first so it creates the profile directory so then Profile Buddies able to detect the new cyberfox profile tree.
Most people share the same default profile as Firefox so you would select Firefox and it will copy the default registered profile from firefox over to the new cyberfox profile folder or the selected browser.

Unfortunately it has allot of limitations ATM been a very early beta and that very basic functions we push to be ready for 28.0.1 release.

Its going to have allot more functionality and advanced modes going to allot more great features even profile backup and restore, But its very early atm.

There is still the other limitation for some may have to manually migrate if running multiple profiles or stored profiles in non standard path.

This means because PB only does [profile0] ATM and if you have [profile1] as cyberfox on a multiple profile setup then you will need to manually copy over your profile data or if using a non standard path then you need to watch the videoand modify the browsers.ini file inside profile buddy to detect that profile.

In advanced mode when its done it will allow more robust choices of what profile goes where and also will support the portable versions.

So yes its requires you to run cyberfox 28.0.1 first
and also relies on your previous cyberfox profile been the default profile in the Firefox profile system.

Please forgive the limited documentation (as it was a long 36hrs almost had to tape my eye lids open :D ) more documentation will slowly be added today.

The Nude Dude
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by The Nude Dude » Fri May 02, 2014 9:56 am

thanks for confirming cf firsy then profile buddy

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri May 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Quick Update: If your curious about the update to all installer, portable, zipped ect on main site 8pecxstudios & sourceforge its because we just digitally signed all files with our new certificate.

So the only difference is that instead of a yellow (Untrusted) admin notification it will be a blue (Trusted) one only visible if UAC is enabled.

Bartapuce
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by Bartapuce » Fri May 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi,
In 28.0.1 is there any way to manually set the location of the profile (in this case to the original Firefox location) for those who have stubborn addons (ie : Roboform) wich do not work with this new version.
I have no plan to update/use Firefox anymore so i think there will be no conflict.
Hope this is or will be possible.
Best regards.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Bartapuce wrote:Hi,
In 28.0.1 is there any way to manually set the location of the profile (in this case to the original Firefox location) for those who have stubborn addons (ie : Roboform) wich do not work with this new version.
I have no plan to update/use Firefox anymore so i think there will be no conflict.
Hope this is or will be possible.
Best regards.
Hi Bartapuce

Yes just edit the program shortcut

Right click cyberfox desktop shortcut and select property's
Select the shortcut tab now in the target section add -profile at the end of "path\to\Cyberfox.exe" so it looks like this "path\to\Cyberfox.exe" -profile then add a space and the path to the profile so it looks like this.

"path\to\Cyberfox.exe" -profile "path\to\profile\folder"

Now click apply and ok button.

Note it requires the physical path to the folder inside double quotations, If done correctly cyberfox will launch your old profile.

yigido
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Post by yigido » Fri May 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks for the security release to cover us. Cyberfox will always secure. :dance:
New Sync feature will be in the Cyberfox 29 :?: