[Released] Cyberfox 30.0

General Discussion can talk freely about anything.
Toady
Developer
Developer

[Released] Cyberfox 30.0

Post by Toady » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Cyberfox 30.0 has been released.

Please also be patient for our other official mirrors to update there content.
For optimal download speed please use sourceforge mirrors.

[link="https://8pecxstudios.com/hooray-your-cy ... -date-30-0" : "Cyberfox 30.0"]Release notes[/link]

Please note: There still is some compatibility issue witch are addons not completely compatible with 30 code base, Addons that are compatible but conflict with addons of the same type and addons that conflict with the integrated CTR.

Please keep in mind some addons my have visual bugs with the integrated CTR so please report them so they can be addressed.

Egorro
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 30.0

Post by Egorro » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi Toady
Thanks for your work!
I had an issue updating the browser: downloaded latest.exe, installed and launched - window opened without addon compatiblity checked and any buttons didn't work (new tab, menu, bookmarks etc), even after deleting profile. Only after complete uninstalling and installing browser again everything works OK ))

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Egorro wrote:Hi Toady
Thanks for your work!
I had an issue updating the browser: downloaded latest.exe, installed and launched - window opened without addon compatiblity checked and any buttons didn't work (new tab, menu, bookmarks etc), even after deleting profile. Only after complete uninstalling and installing browser again everything works OK ))
Hi Egorro

Your Welcome, What version did you upgrade from and how old was the profile ?

Egorro
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Post by Egorro » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Upgraded from 29.0.1 to 30.0 (both with Australis)
Old profile imported with Profile Buddy for v29. After uninstalling and reinstalling I've returned this profile, it works fine
PS Tried to reproduce this again by installing 29.0.1 and install 30.0 over it - it installs OK without that issue. First time I've installed 30 it closed browser automatically. May be that was because browser didn't unload completely from RAM but installer already was writing files?

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Egorro wrote:Upgraded from 29.0.1 to 30.0 (both with Australis)
Old profile imported with Profile Buddy for v29. After uninstalling and reinstalling I've returned this profile, it works fine
PS Tried to reproduce this again by installing 29.0.1 and install 30.0 over it - it installs OK without that issue. First time I've installed 30 it closed browser automatically. May be that was because browser didn't unload completely from RAM but installer already was writing files?
I am prototyping a detect if running for the installers to prevent the chances of installing over-top of the existing copy while still running.
So yes it probably was unable to update some files as it was still running.

djb247365
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by djb247365 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 pm

:D Thank you so much Toady for the new release. I can't wait to test this new version of Cyberfox. Keep up the great work, kind sir

yigido
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Post by yigido » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks for the quick update :dance:

Regards

jrichard326
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter

Post by jrichard326 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks for the update. It is working fine here. Windows 8.1.1 x64 Pro, CF Portable, adblock edge, mozilla archive format and tabmix plus addons. Latest Flash plugin. No Austrailis via built-in CTR. I appreciate the ability to override user-agent. My bank website no longer complains.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Post by Toady » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:11 pm

jrichard326 wrote:Thanks for the update. It is working fine here. Windows 8.1.1 x64 Pro, CF Portable, adblock edge, mozilla archive format and tabmix plus addons. Latest Flash plugin. No Austrailis via built-in CTR. I appreciate the ability to override user-agent. My bank website no longer complains.
Hi jrichard326

We are glad the new user-agent feature helps :D thank you for your feedback

yigido
Cyber V.I.P
Cyber V.I.P

Post by yigido » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Toady,

I see that Cyberfox have a new function under the Help > About Cyberfox. I am seeing "Check for Updates".
Good new feature but Whe I clciked it, it redirects me to download link page.
I was expecting it to be just a written notice like "You are up-to-date" or "You are out-dated,click to download button"

Is possible Toady ? Palemoon has this feature and easy to use. With this way people can query their version status. Today I saw, Some of my friends still uses version 28.0.1 because we have not automatic updates ;)