[Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

General Discussion can talk freely about anything.
User avatar
Toady
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5353
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

[Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Toady » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Cyberfox 51.0.2 has been released.

Please also be patient for our other official mirrors to update there content.
For optimal download speed please use Sourceforge mirrors.
Sorry for the quick updates but security is extremely important.

New: (51.0.2)
Choose your preferred language for cyberfox language packs are now shipped internally with cyberfox. See FAQ article

New: (51.0)
Flash player plugin is now disabled by default, users must enable it to use it See FAQ article
Redesign of Preference windowed sync tab
Copy tab url of any selected tab not locked to active focused tab See FAQ article
Compact mode option to about:newtab page options
More control over browser plugins, With [Optional] User controlled silverlight plugin (Restart Required) See FAQ article
See the release notes and FAQ for more information, As always thank you all for your amazing support.

New: (50.0)
Internal update system learn more https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/cyberfox-update/
Plugin free Netflix, Stan and other services that use HTML5 video with DRM, Windows and linux.
Clone current tab url to a new private window.
Faster installation when previous installed version detected.
More control over browser plugins, With [Optional] User controlled flash plugin (Restart Required) See FAQ article
More control over what pages are shown after updating, Notifications and release notes pages are now optional by preference.

New FAQ Articles: (51.0.2)
[Choose your preferred language for cyberfox]

Updated FAQ Articles: (51.0)
[[V] Need language pack for your native language]

New FAQ Articles: (51.0)
[Turn [ON\OFF] Silverlight browser plugin]

Updated FAQ Articles: (51.0)
[Turn [ON\OFF] Copy Tab URL]

New FAQ Articles: (50.0)
[Turn [ON\OFF] SHA512 update verification]
[Turn [ON\OFF] Notifications page]
[Turn [ON\OFF] Release notes]

Updated FAQ Articles: (50.0)
[How To Silently Install Cyberfox [Unattended Install]]


Important update information:

See all important notifications and information about this release here https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/notifications/

Release information:

Code: Select all

Cyberfox 51.0.2
Reference link to Cyberfox 51.0 release notes
Reference link to Cyberfox 51.0.1 release notes
Updated: pt-PT (Portuguese) localization (Thanks @smarquespt)
Fixed: Remove decimal point from "Browser Restart Required" (Thanks @PandaCodex)
Fixed: Passed patch for Bug 1328460 - Don't HSTS priming requests on non-standard ports or IP addresses
Updated: Language patches
Fixed: No bug, Automated blocklist update from host bld-linux64-spot-254
New: Add language selection to browser options
New: language shipped with browser
Fixed: Prompt for restart now, restart later or revert on language change
Adjusted: Start the browser in e10s mode by default
Added: Added e10s mode toggle options to browser options
Fixed: languageMenu dropdown event fire
Updated: pl (Polish) localization (Thanks @hawkeye116477)
Updated: Sync _Build tree
Updated: Update unity patch files
Updated: Language pack helper tools

Cyberfox Linux
Updated: Update of Linux deb templates (Thanks @hawkeye116477)
Added: language packaging to linux quick build script
Fixed: Removed verbosity from language.sh
Fixed: Only build language packs once

Cyberfox Installer
Updated: Installer script to version 2.5.9
New: Create check for updates shorcut in start menu folder
New: Package language packs in installer
See full release notes for links to information
[link="https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/hoora ... rce=manual" : "Cyberfox 51.0.2"]Release notes[/link]

Pre-Released information
Hi everyone

Cyberfox 51.0.2 will become available shortly, Now the Cyberfox update from 51.0.1 - 51.0.2 is a major [Highly Recommended] update with bug fixes.

For information about the current changes made to cyberfox you can check out the [link="https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/hoora ... rce=manual" : "Cyberfox 51.0.2"]Release notes[/link]
Need help working out what status messages are and what they mean click this link here.

Status: Released

User avatar
Loui1
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Loui1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi Toady, Both windows and comodo internet security report the installer has not got a valid digital signature. This is causing a little problem always being sandboxed by comodo.

User avatar
Toady
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5353
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Toady » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Loui1 wrote:Hi Toady, Both windows and comodo internet security report the installer has not got a valid digital signature. This is causing a little problem always being sandboxed by comodo.
Hi Loui1
Sadly having issues with time-stamp servers and will release updated signed packages once resolved, sadly not much can be done till then

User avatar
Loui1
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Loui1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks Toady, Hopefully it will be quickly resolved.

User avatar
Zuc
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Zuc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:15 am

Hi toady, with this release i see my e10s are not activated, the option is gray an in support page says "dissable by add ons" but "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" says that my add ons are all compatible,i had two incompatible but i uninstalled both but still multiprocess wont work even if i star cf without add ons in safe mode, i know you can force it (i did it in previous versions) but im curious about why is not working as default :think:

User avatar
Toady
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5353
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Toady » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 am

Zuc wrote:Hi toady, with this release i see my e10s are not activated, the option is gray an in support page says "dissable by add ons" but "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" says that my add ons are all compatible,i had two incompatible but i uninstalled both but still multiprocess wont work even if i star cf without add ons in safe mode, i know you can force it (i did it in previous versions) but im curious about why is not working as default :think:
Hi Zuc

e10s is enabled by default but not forced enabled, basically only one who does not have addons will have e10s right now in 51.0.2 for users
who want e10s and have addons you will need to add the following preference in about:config create a new Boolean preference
"browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" and set to TRUE.

User avatar
Zuc
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Zuc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:02 am

Toady wrote:
Hi Zuc

e10s is enabled by default but not forced enabled, basically only one who does not have addons will have e10s right now in 51.0.2 for users
who want e10s and have addons you will need to add the following preference in about:config create a new Boolean preference
"browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" and set to TRUE.
Ok but there is a disadvantage of force enabling it? i suppose upcoming cf. will work with the add ons? what would you suggest to do?

Thanks for you support :D

User avatar
Toady
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5353
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Toady » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:26 am

Zuc wrote:
Toady wrote:
Hi Zuc

e10s is enabled by default but not forced enabled, basically only one who does not have addons will have e10s right now in 51.0.2 for users
who want e10s and have addons you will need to add the following preference in about:config create a new Boolean preference
"browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" and set to TRUE.
Ok but there is a disadvantage of force enabling it? i suppose upcoming cf. will work with the add ons? what would you suggest to do?

Thanks for you support :D
Hi Zuc

The reason why we didn't force enable it out of the box is, some addons are not e10s compatible so they will break and potentially break the browser.
With Mozilla they have a system addon thats doing the toggling and checking if a user has compatible e10s addons and then enabling e10s but
we don't include this addon.

This means we have to do everything a little more manually, its safe to force enable, If all your addons are compatible you shouldn't have much issue.

User avatar
nitroFX
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:17 am

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by nitroFX » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks today for all your hard work.

User avatar
Zuc
CyberSupporter
CyberSupporter
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: [Released] Cyberfox 51.0.2

Post by Zuc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Thanks toady! :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEXBot and 0 guests