Bugs: Sync, Toolbars, and Flash

Please post your bugs, issues and problems here.
Rootazoid
CyberNoob
CyberNoob

Bugs: Sync, Toolbars, and Flash

Post by Rootazoid » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:26 pm

1. logged in, viewing Bugs, post Reply (no New Thread), takes me to posting here in [Released] Cyberfox 52.8.0

2. first time user but old-time FF geek, went to Sync but got a demand to install FF on my phone (Android). On the phone I have FF "Focus" installed, not the normal FF. Then got a SMS with a link to install FF. Didn't want to, figured I'd attend to Sync later.

3. Checked my Add-ons. All there, Synced after all, just needing a Restart to activate. Restarted, all good! Except!

4. On installing CF, BTW VERY nice, I chose the mode showing Toolbars, and yes they appeared. Specifically the Menu Bar and the Bookmarks Bar. But after the Restart, they disappeared. Got them back by Customize. Good now, but that shouldn't happen.

5. Finally, how do I get Flash installed? Yet to go to Adobe, but in my past experience their annoying installer only installs under FF. If it does install under CF this should be made obvious from the start.

Toady
Developer
Developer

Re: Bugs: Sync, Toolbars, and Flash

Post by Toady » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:17 am

Hi Rootazoid

Customizing the user interface and browser settings should remain after a restart unless something caused a conflict like an installed addon not completely compatible or parts of the user profile not able to generate correctly.

For flash player, as above in the notice in the forums and shown in the plugins section of the browser all browser plugins are disabled by default and must be enabled first before they will work in cyberfox, this security feature out of the box blocks all plugins but allows users who still need them to be able to enable them. Please see the follow articles (1.) Turn [ON\OFF] All browser plugins (2.) Turn [ON\OFF] Flash browser plugin these FAQ articles will assist you to enable flash player plugin.

Rootazoid
CyberNoob
CyberNoob

Re: Bugs: Sync, Toolbars, and Flash

Post by Rootazoid » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Thanks for the quick info, Toady. Speaking of incompatible addons, I got almost the exact same Enabled set as in my FF, except for a couple that were updated. I guess the Sync ignores the fact that in my desktop FF 54.01 extensions auto-update is off. I do that because a few exts I need in FF are still incompatible with any FF higher than v54.01. So then in this CF I was able to turn off Auto, remove the updated ones and Open them from xpi files backed up by FEBE. Any advice on this? Is CF as up-to-date as regular FF, say v.60.02?

As for Flash, a couple of things. Yes I knew about the disabled by default. I'll read those articles next. I got Flash 30.0.0.113 installed now, just from running the installer, but still update-disabled. I didn't need to do any settings. My various Win7 system scans often tell me to update Flash as the current installed has security problems. What's your approach?